Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Greg's idea for Green Investing articles, and other things

I like the idea. I for one am very interested in Green Investing. I'd like to move my pathetic IRA account to a green fund, but have no clue what to do, no time and energy to go look at possibilities, don't want to get into the clutches of a broker (sorry Greg - no insult intended). I at least know what green investing is, but I'll bet lots of green minded individuals are vague about it. Some basic info and advice would be welcome, I bet.

Other things: I'm in a bit of a quandary. My site's main emphasis is vegetarian lifestyle, and although I firmly believe that vegetarianism is a key component of sustainability, and all vegetarians should be equally keen on green, I feel that I get the best response when I stay focused on veggieness. Most of my visitors seem to be beginning vegetarians, who are mainly interested in how to adapt to a vegetarian lifestyle. I never hear from anyone who wants to be green, and most of the traffic goes to recipes. I would like to put more emphasis on environmental, sustainable issues, and do get traffic to articles on those topics, but not nearly as much. I love being part of the eco-blog network, but am at a bit of a loss how to integrate the veg focus with the green. I rarely see the two connected, occasionally there's a vegan connection, but most vegetarians aren't in fact vegan. Any suggestions? Observations?

Judy

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Judy: How about writing about companies who produce vegetarian/vegan foods? Folks like Amy's, Boca and Morningstar Farms are two that come to mind. I know there are many others. The tie could be that not only do they produce vegetarian foods but they do so in an environmentally conscious way. I know as a vegetarian there are times when the usual question comes up "what should we have for dinner". That's when these soy products really come in handy.
That makes me think of another topic - produce and farming organically or growing your own - no pesticides, no fertilizers.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home